Fall is among us and it's time to start preparing our wardrobe for the coming cold! Honestly, fall is a true fashionistas' dream season! Something about wraps, cardigans, scarves, boots and earth tones that can just bless your entire life. So y'all know I'm here for the big girls and just because we have more elastic in our waistbands doesn't mean we can't slay this fall.
Here are a few closet essentials to utilize throughout the fall:
- Leggings. You can never have enough pair of leggings. Old Navy and Target both sell them in larger sizes for $8 and $10 in grey and black, get your life while supplies last.
- A few scarves. Scarves can make or break an outfit. Stray away from the thicker, third grade, puff ball on the tassel scarves and drift a little further towards the prints and the extra long scarves, infinity scarves can work too. Target carries scarves year round.
- Knee High Boots. Yes, they make them for big girls. Torrid, Target, Asos, you can really find knee high boots everywhere that are structured for us larger calved ladies.
- Denim Jacket/Shirts. Denim tops and jackets can go with ANYTHING! You can throw on a denim top with a pair of leggings, khakis, prints, well.. anything except more denim. Denim on denim makes me think Justin and Brittany at the 2001 VMAs and I just can't.
- A Blazer. A blazer can make take your wardrobe from blah to BAM. I'd grab one in all colors from your local Goodwill and match them up with a pair of printed pants and some flat boots or a cute pump.
|A little plaid never hurt anyone!|
Below I've conjured up some examples of outfits to try this fall!
You never know what works for you until you try it on!
Feel free to email me for private consultations and booking me for personal shopping!
|Denim top, Black Leggings, Scarf and Knee High Boots|
|Skater skirts work wonders for women who may not have a lot of hips|
|Denim with a splash of color|
|Earth tones and gold accessories go together like peanut butter and jelly.|
|Off the shoulder oversized sweater!|
|A cardigan and some boots promote comfort and class.|
|a peach blazer and a khaki ballet skirt!!!|