You guys know what day it is, today is Fridays Notorious Talent. Today we have a lovely lady name Ashely White. We were able to do a collaboration with during Return Of Curls plus wore some of her vintage apparel at the show (Thanks again girl!). Just in case you don't know Ms. White I would love to introduce you to her.
I am Ashley White and I am a jewelry designer, avid DIYer and, vintage fashion collector. I have always had a creative spirit and have always loved to make things. I have also always had a love for vintage fashion; to the point where I was thrifting in elementary school and wearing lime green bell bottoms and polyester shirts in the 5th grade. Fashion has always been my “thing” so I decided to educate myself as much as I could on the subject by attending VCU to study Fashion Merchandising. I graduated in 2007, and after a few years working in retail I decided to put my knowledge to a more practical use. I finally decided to start my own business in November of 2011.
1. CP: What is the name of your line and why did you choose it?
AW: The name of the brand is Styledentity. A mash-up of the words “Style” and “Identity.” This comes from my mantra that “Style is the Armor in the Battle for Identity.” No matter who you are your style is a representation of your true self. I aim to aid people in expressing who they are, whether it be through one of my handmade jewelry pieces or even pulling the perfect vintage piece for their wardrobe. I hope that my work helps everyone express their “Styledentity.”
2. CP: Who inspired you to become a designer?AW: My mother. Shes crafty. Always has been. She has always encouraged me to do what I want and she, along with the rest of my family and friends, support me to the fullest.
3. CP: What projects do you have coming upAW: I will be vending at the Artisan Cafe on September 15, 2012 at Plant Zero here in Richmond. For more information please visit. www.artisancafeva.com , I am also working on new designs for the fall and winter so stay tuned!
4. CP: What advice would you give to an aspiring designer?AW: View the world as art. Do what you want to do, and don’t let ANYONE tell you differently.
5. CP:If there was one thing that you had regretted doing your career what would that be?AW: Nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. For not even being in business for 1 year I feel as if I am on the right track.
6. CP: What make you and your style so NOTORIOUS?
AW: I don’t care what anyone thinks about my style. I am influenced by all genres of fashion and cultures all over the world. Knowing who I am and knowing what I like, and sticking with it. That’s what makes my style NOTORIOUS.
The Shop at StyleIdentity.esty.com
|$20 for Tribal Collar Necklace|
|$12.00 Couture earrings|
|$12.00 Triangle earrings|
|$8.00 Button earrings|
|$15.00 Wood bracelet|
|$17 Pink and Turquoise necklace|
|$13.00 Tribal earrings|
|$10.00 Stylish earrings|
Check her out on September 15, 2012 at Artisan Cafe, you don't want to miss!
As Always Stay Classy