This week Guest Blogger Shatara Trent presents.....
D.I.Y.-Do It Yourself. This years most dynamic and popular fad. It’s all about finding ways to save money to enjoy some of our most popular luxurious. DIY hair coloring is a very popular yet risky one. Hair color adds so much life to our hair. It can add dimension and depth, create fullness and add character. Wrong hair color can take the life out of our natural hair as well. I will always encourage you to see your stylist for any major changes such as highlights or changing your color from dark to light. So I want to give you some tips on making the right choice for your mane.
HERE WE GO!!
1. Know your Hair Identity- Again it ain’t for everybody; Don’t go and amber rose it if you're a shade lighter than Iman;
2. Can you do it- If you can’t paint your walls, don’t try and throw some hair color around. Wrong placement of hair color can lead to an ugly result.
3. THE GOLDEN RULE- Once you go BLACK you can’t go back. Black hair color deposits deeply in the hair and is one of the hardest colors to remove. Black hair color usually turns to a red-ish tint when lifting to a lighter color.
4. DO YOUR RESEARCH- Go to your local Beauty supply store and look at different samples of colors, blondes, reds, lights and darks, and see what color looks best with your skin tone.
5. Maintenance- 9 times out of 10 when your going from light to dark you hairs integrity is being compromised. Be sure to use tons of hydrating and strengthening products to protect your hair especially from the heat!!
Finally- Have fun don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone!!
Follow me weekly for more DIY tips and look forward to a more in depth post on the different avenues of sew-ins
Look for my very first VLOG : How to SAFELY color your hair.. step by step tutorial